- Remove surface scratches on CDs - gently rub the surface of the CD in a circular motion with the inside of a banana peel. Buff with a soft cloth. Done!
- Pesky itchy mosquito bites bothering you? Rub the bites with the inside of the banana peel for instant relief.
- Need to have those leather shoes shining like new? Wipe the inside of the banana peel over the shoe surface. Leave for a minute then buff off with a soft cloth or brush.
- Clean your indoor plants by rubbing the inside of the banana peel over the surface of the leaves. Not only will the dust be removed but the leaves will look shiny and healthy.
- Time to polish your wooden furniture? Use the inside of the trusty banana peel once again. Apply as you would polish rubbing the surface in circular motions and then buff to a lovely sheen with a soft cloth.
- Don't throw the peels away. Put them in your compost pile to add some magnesium, phosphates, sodium, sulfur and calcium to the soil. Fruit trees and flowering plants love compost made from banana peels.
I hope I have given you a few reasons to go bananas over bananas! Feel free to share some of the ways you use them too.